Dr. Chad McMahan uses a unique chiropractic spinal analysis and adjusting method, called the Torque Release Technique. Unlike the expected "bone popping" adjustments portrayed in the popular media, Torque Release is a "non-manipulative" adjustment, which means there is no popping or twisting required.
Torque Release bases its technique on gentle touch and light thrusting by using a hand-held instrument called an Integrator. The Integrator reproduces the thrust and movement components of the classic chiropractic method of adjusting by hand, at a speed of 1/10,000th of a second. This low-force chiropractic adjusting method allows the nervous system to better integrate and understand new corrective information and to process it throughout the spinal cord and brain. Your spinal corrections do not stop once you get off the table. They continue as you breathe and move.
You may notice that you hear a click or feel movement in your spine later on the same day after the Torque Release adjustment. That is your body aligning and correcting its own subluxations. Torque Release allows your body to make its own corrections and increase healing with ongoing care. Because these chiropractic corrections are not limited to just the areas of pain and/or other tingling symptoms, the healing experience is typically deeper in all areas of the body, mind, and emotions. Torque Release releases tension at the spinal cord by correcting subluxations of spinal segments intimately connected with the meninges, or attachments, of the spinal cord. It leads to profound neurological changes that benefit everyone - no matter what symptom or level of health they are currently experiencing.
The primary intent of the Torque Release Technique is to progressively reduce blockages and tension of the entire spinal system, to release trapped, unresolved neurological patterns in the body and mind, and to facilitate the reintegration of the nervous system, allowing a greater expression of one's healing and performance capabilities.
This specific and scientific chiropractic adjustment is much more precise and uses much less force than being adjusted by hand. The advantage of the Integrator is that it can deliver a specific frequency into the nerve endings of the spinal column, exactly where nerve function has become irritated.
- PRECISE: When using an Integrator we can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve function.
- SPECIFIC: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed, and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalize nerve function.
- GENTLE: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed position with a controlled amount of force.
- FAST: The incredibly fast but shallow impulse is one of the secrets to the effectiveness of this adjustment and the reason for it being so gentle.
- RECOIL: Another of the secret ingredients built into the Integrator is recoil: This bounce in the impulse increases the body's nerve system response.
- TORQUE: Subatomic particles, atoms, muscles, and human bodies all move in three dimensions: The three-dimensional impulse of the Integrator maximizes the effectiveness on the human body.
- EFFECTIVE: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
- RELIABLE: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
- CONSISTENT: The assessment, examination, and adjustments that are used in the Torque Release Technique are standardized which means that several practitioners using the same method can deliver the same results and experience.
- RECOGNIZED: The Integrator is patented for the correction of subluxations. The Integrator is registered with a United States Food and Drug Administration 510k certification and holds a CE Marking for use in Europe. The Torque Release Technique is the only FDA approved chiropractic method.